Recommended Regular Used Car Maintenance Schedule
Looking to understand what is a recommended regular used car maintenance schedule on a vehicle? Why does it need to be performed? We purchase a vehicle, but don’t always learn how to maintain them to keep them in good working condition, which is very unfortunate.
If your vehicle doesn’t have a proper regular maintenance schedule, it can break down and…well, die. Having a regular maintenance schedule will help prolong the car’s life span. A car is a constant moving machine just like you and me. And, a mechanic to a car is just like a doctor to his patient. So here is a regular maintenance schedule to abide by:
- Get your oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles
- Have your tires rotated (usually comes with the oil change)
- Have your air filter and cabin filter replaced
- Check the level of all fluids (At Godwin Service, this comes with our oil change)
- Replace wiper blades
- Check engine coolant and cooling system for leaks
- Inspect brake wear, belts and hoses
- Check pressure in all tires and exhaust systems & lights
Note that different types of vehicles have different types of maintenance needs. And, depending on the driver and how much the vehicle is driven, your needs might be more or less. Godwin Service, Godwin Motors in-house full service center, provides a courtesy check on your battery and maintenance needs. Godwin Service summer or winter maintenance check includes the above items that retail for $119 separately, for only $79. Keep your vehicle running longer. Visit us at www.godwinmotors.com or call to set up an appointment at 803.252.8774.