Cleaning up your credit score can be a gradual process that requires time, diligence, and responsible financial habits. Here are some steps you can take to improve and clean up your credit score:
Be Diligent: Review Your Credit Score
- Review your credit report. Obtain a copy of your credit report from each of the major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). Review the reports thoroughly to identify any errors, or inaccuracies that need to be addressed.
- Dispute errors and inaccuracies. If you find any errors or inaccuracies on your credit report, such as incorrect personal information or accounts that don’t belong to you, file a dispute with the credit bureau. Provide any supporting documentation to help rectify the errors.
Have Responsible Financial Habits
- Pay bills on time. Payment history is a crucial factor in determining your credit score. Make sure to pay all your bills, including credit cards, loans, and utilities, on time. Late payments can have a negative impact on your credit score. Here at Godwin Motors, we are a buy-here-pay-here dealership and report your monthly payments to credit bureaus. When you make your payments on time, it will help improve your credit score.
- Create a budget and manage debt responsibly. Develop a budget to track your income and expenses effectively. By managing your finances responsibly, you can avoid accumulating excessive debt and ensure timely payments.
Be Patient: It Will Take Time
- Avoid too many new credit applications. Multiple credit inquiries within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score. When you are ready to inquire about vehicle financing, Godwin Motors has an easy online application. Our financing team will be in contact and can provide provide on-the-spot financing approval.
- Maintain a mix of credit accounts. Having a diverse mix of credit accounts, such as credit cards, and mortgages, can positively impact your credit score. However, only take on new credit if you can manage it responsibly.
- Build positive credit history. If you have limited or no credit history, consider building it by opening a credit card. Make small purchases and pay off the balance in full each month to establish a positive credit history.
- Be patient and persistent. Improving your credit score takes time. Consistently practicing good credit habits, such as paying bills on time and reducing debt, will gradually lead to a better credit score over time.
It’s important to note that there is no quick fix for improving your credit score. However, by following these steps and practicing responsible financial behavior, you can make progress in cleaning up your credit and building a stronger credit profile over time.
You’re driving on the highway and your check engine light comes on and you panic. The first thing that might come to mind is, am I going to make it to where I’m going? Next, price of the possible repair and lastly, I can’t afford this right now. Remain calm, and try to stop the urge to panic. There are many reasons why your check engine light may have came on and most are fairly simple fixes.
More than likely, it’s not that serious
There are many different reasons why your check engine light may have came on and it’s mostly very inexpensive to fix. According to CarMD, the five most common check engine repairs are:
- O2 sensor (part of the emissions system, monitoring and helping adjust the air-fuel mixture)
- Loose gas cap (which will cost you nothing to fix)
- Mass air flow sensor (monitoring the amount of air mixed in the fuel injection system)
- Ignition Coil Packs (which are a little more expensive to replace)
- Catalytic converter
You may not know what any of these things are, but that’s why you should visit a well trusted service department like Godwin Service, Godwin Motors’ in-house full-service center. You can easily set an appointment to check your engine light at http://www.godwinmotors.com/schedule-car-maintenance-or-auto-repair-columbia-sc.
Technology makes it easier to diagnose these types of issues. Today, most cars are equipped with an onboard computer system that is responsible for controlling things like the fuel injectors, spark plugs, the steering system and more. Godwin Service can easily tell you what the problem is with a diagnostic computer system. You can either call Godwin Service (803.252.8774) or set up an appointment online at www.godwinmotors.com to get your diagnostic as soon as possible.
Next time your engine light comes on, don’t panic. More than likely, it’s just a easy fix and most importantly inexpensive.
2018 4th of July Fireworks and Events in Columbia SC
It’s here! America’s birthday is always a fun time to celebrate with friends and family as we honor our country’s history and quest for independence. Lighting off fireworks is a tradition that hasn’t ceased to impress, and we’re excited to see what comes of them heading into Independence Day 2018. Take a look at some of the 2018 4th of July fireworks and events happening in Columbia SC! Read the rest of this entry
Tips for Increasing Fuel Economy
We’re always looking for different ways to save money, and this might be the easiest one yet. Drivers are trending toward vehicles with higher fuel efficiency and automakers are answering the call. If you’re stuck with a car that doesn’t get as good of MPGs as you’d like, there are some measures you can take to change that. Check out these tips for increasing fuel economy! Read the rest of this entry
A notice to Godwin Motors customers:
South Carolina currently charges a vehicle sales tax of 5% with a maximum of $300 on the sale or lease of motor vehicles, boats, aircraft, and motorcycles. This SC sales tax cap of $300 has been in place since 1984. Both Georgia and North Carolina have since removed this cap. Georgia charges the sales tax on vehicles, which is 7 percent in most counties, while North Carolina charges a 3 percent highway use tax.
South Carolina will change this cap to $500 on July 1, 2017 costing you an additional $200 to purchase a vehicle. This can be as much as $9 per month if you are financing your purchase.
The time to act is now! If you purchase a vehicle before July 1 you will enjoy up to a $200 savings.
Have you purchased from Godwin Motors in the past? Did you know about Godwin Motors loyalty program? We lower your interest rate by 3% with each consecutive purchase. That is on average a savings of $600 when financing with us. What does all this mean to you? Purchase a new to you vehicle from Godwin Motors before July 1, 2017 and save up to $800.
View our inventory on the web at www.godwinmotors.com, give us a call at 803.252.8774 or stop by our West Beltline Blvd. lot. Let us help you.
Monday morning is not the day to discover your car battery is dead. Monday is always the day that you’re rushing around, you can’t consume enough coffee to revive yourself from your weekend coma, and traffic is always a mess. Add a dead battery to the mix and you know the start to your week has just gone from busy to a standstill. So, how do you even know the reason your car isn’t starting is due to a dead battery? There are signs to help diagnose whether your car battery is dead.
Read the rest of this entry
Vehicle Financing Made Easy
Godwin Motors buys, sells, services and rents vehicles to fulfill all your automobile needs and is Columbia, SC oldest Buy-Here-Pay-Here dealership. Our own in-house vehicle finance department provides customers with on the spot financing. Our goal is to have your loan approved and riding in your car in less than one hour. Here are a few simple steps to follow to make car buying and car financing easy for you.
- Fill out our easy online vehicle financing application by clicking here
- View our inventory by clicking here or visit us at 4032 West Beltline Blvd.
- One of our sales staff will contact you – usually within 2 hours of credit application submission during normal business hours.
- Bring needed documentation to Godwin Motors:
- Driver’s License
- Utility bill from your address
- 2 recent pay stubs from your job
- Down Payment
- Test Drive
- Complete the paperwork. Our goal is to make the approval and paperwork process less than one hour of your time!
Godwin Motors of Columbia will celebrate 35 years in business by serving up 350 hand-made popsicles to families on Thursday, October 1st from 4:00 – 5:30pm at their dealership, 4032 West Beltline Blvd Columbia, SC 29204.
Families can drive up and choose a strawberry or oreo pre-packaged, hand-made popsicle, per person, handed to them in their vehicle. La Paletta Bar, a local small business also owned by a former employee of Godwin Motors, will be providing the popsicles. Popsicles will be provided first come, first serve until they are gone.
“We wanted to celebrate with the families who have supported us throughout the past 35 years, but also be good stewards of the socially distant times right now,” said Luke Godwin, General Manager and Owner of Godwin Motors. “Our dealership and service center would not be here today if it wasn’t for our customers who put their trust in our company for their car buying and service experiences.”
Godwin Motors will also donate two vehicles to The Cooperative Ministries’ Auto Program as part of their 35 year celebration this fall. To date, Godwin Motors has donated eight vehicles over the past two years.
To contact Godwin Motors for a statement, please call (803) 252-8774 and ask for Luke Godwin. www.godwinmotors.com
The South Carolina State Fair is coming to Columbia, SC Oct. 9-20 and celebrating a BIG anniversary. How big of an anniversary you ask? Well, how about 150 years! Whether you are two or eighty-two, the SC State Fair offers something for all ages. From rides to food to pigs racing for Oreos, you don’t want to miss out on the fun!
Read the rest of this entry
As the end of July draws closer, and Halloween decorations start popping up, we all know the start of school and SC Tax Free Weekend will be here soon. And what question is on your mind when it comes clear that the kids are heading back to school? Let’s all say it together. Where should I shop for school supplies? There are so many options, but the real question is whether you’ll splurge on the brand name glue sticks or stick to generic.
Read the rest of this entry